Most firefighters in today’s world recognize that the old concept of “the bigger the better” doesn’t apply to pumps mounted in fire trucks. Sure, they want as much flow and pressure as possible but much of the focus in the last decade has been on better efficiency and keeping pump compartments as compact as possible while still making them accessible. Darley’s engineers recognized the value of this concept years ago when they designed the PSM (P = series 1000-1500, S = Single impeller, M = midship, split-shaft pump).
The Darley PSM has grown to be a first choice for many FDs and OEMs seeking the flexibility of our compact and module design. Features on the pump include, but are not limited to:
- Helical Cut Gears: Strong power transference, noise reduction and long life.
- Vacuum cast impellers for maximum efficiency.
- Broached impellers, splined shafts and silicon carbide mechanical seals for maximum durability.
- MagnaTrans™ transmission with a torque rating of 19,230 lb-ft.
- AutoCool™ Transmission Cooler: Cools gear case by convection with cooling plate with no chance of contamination.
- Transmission Dip Stick and Powder-Coated Transmission Interiors: Conveniently check the oil level with the transmission dip stick.
- Powder-coated transmission interiors to eliminate moisture.
For more information, visit www.darley.com.