OCALA, FL—E-ONE, a subsidiary of REV Group and a manufacturer of fire apparatus, has announced the delivery of a new explosive ordnance disposal (EOD) vehicle to the Fort Lauderdale Police Department (FLPD).
The FLPD’s bomb squad is a federally accredited unit that provides front-line response to suspected explosive devices and suspicious items in the Fort Lauderdale area. The FLPD bomb squad needed a modernized EOD response vehicle to provide the fundamental tools for response to various calls for service.
Features of the custom EOD vehicle include:
- Extruded aluminum 21-foot walk-in EOD body with 77-inch interior headroom.
- Robot bay with ,1000-pound capacity bifold ramp, easily deployed by a single operator.
- Onan 12-kW QuietOne diesel generator that includes shorepower and automatic transfer relay for operations from fixed power source or onboard generator.
- Two Dometic 15,000-Btu roof air handling units for on-scene cooling and heating.
- Will-Burt 7-30 Mast with Pelco Espirit camera and controller.
- Carefree 110-V power lateral arm awning with auto retract in the event of high wind gust.
The vehicles features an E-ONE customized command interior and additional technology solutions including:
- Two interior work stations, tech work benches, electronics cabinet with RU rack with wireless connectivity.
- 42-inch LG LED TV monitor in exterior side body compartment with lift up door serving as an exterior command station.
“The Fort Lauderdale Police Department partnered with E-ONE to design and develop a state-of-the-art vehicle that supports the bomb squad’s capabilities and overall mission during critical incidents,” said Captain Patrick Hart, Bomb Team Commander. “The bomb squad is proud to be a part of a successful preparedness strategy for the police department and their community partners.”
For more information, visit www.e-one.com.