OCALA, FL—E-ONE, a subsidiary of REV Group and a manufacturer of fire apparatus, announces the delivery of a new TITAN® 6×6 Aircraft Rescue and Firefighting (ARFF) vehicle to Tuscaloosa Fire Rescue for use at the Tuscaloosa National Airport in Alabama.
The Tuscaloosa TITAN 6×6 is equipped with a 65’ high reach extendable turret (HRET) to provide greater accessibility to the fire and a greater degree of safety for the crew and the vehicle, allowing various angles of attack, and the ability to use a piercing nozzle.
Other key features of the new E-ONE TITAN 6×6 HRET ARFF vehicle include:
- Scania® DC16 770-hp engine
- Twin Disc® transmission with torque converter
- Rear steer axle
- Hale® 8FGR water pump
- 3,000-gallon water/445-gallon class B foam tank
- 500-pound dry chemical vessel
- Dual-agent reel with 100′ of twin 1″ hose
- Rhino® low attack bumper turret with AkroChem® nozzle—375 gpm low
flow/750 gpm high flow
- 65′ High Reach Extendable Turret with AkroChem nozzle and Penetrating Spike
- Bedded/stowed flows 750 gpm low flow/1,500 gpm high flow
- Elevated flows: 500 gpm low flow/1000 gpm high flow
- Piercing nozzle with 250-gpm flow rate
- Harrison® 10-kW hydraulic generator
- FRC Spectra™ Two (2) 110-V 240-watt LED quartz lights on extendable telescoping poles
- Orlaco® thermal imaging camera
Delivery of the new TITAN ARFF to the Tuscaloosa National Airport was made in preparation for the college football season where teams and fans fly in and out each week, including the University of Alabama home team.
“We are excited to add the new E-ONE TITAN 6×6 ARFF apparatus to our fleet,” said Chief Randy Smith of Tuscaloosa Fire Rescue. “The Tuscaloosa National Airport maintains an A Index, handling small aircraft and routinely large cargo aircraft. As the home of the University of Alabama, our busiest time is during football season, when teams are flying in and out weekly for games. The addition of our new state-of-the-art ARFF unit, decked out with the crimson “A” in support of our home team, will allow us to seamlessly transition to a C Index as needed.”
The TITAN ARFF 6X6 was delivered just prior to kickoff of the current football season. “We are excited to put in service the TITAN EXT with the high reach extendable turret for Tuscaloosa National Airport. It was a true team effort to meet the critical deadline for football season, allowing this airport to maintain its index with the additional benefit of protecting large body cargo aircraft,” said Matt Reda, International ARFF Product Manager for E-ONE.
For more information, visit www.e-one-arff.com.