OCALA, FLORIDA—E-ONE, a subsidiary of REV Group and a leading manufacturer of fire apparatus, launches its first steel mid mount platform – the HPS100 Mid-Mount – at FDIC International, April 11-13 2019 in Indianapolis, IN.
The new HPS 100 Mid-Mount features a 100’ five-section steel aerial made with a patented greaseless roller system for smooth operation and very low maintenance. The newly designed aerial offers a range of motion that lowers to 12 degrees below horizontal. When lowered to below horizontal, the aerial has a front to rear sweep of up to 40 degrees, giving firefighters enhanced rescue capability.
“Designing the aerial with an enhanced scrub zone, or range of motion, helps firefighters place the aerial where needed,” said Joe Hedges, E-ONE Product Manager.
Newly designed from the ground up, the HPS 100 Mid-Mount also features a platform capacity of 1000 pounds dry and 500 pounds flowing, in addition to the 305 pound equipment load capacity. Other features include:
- Crisscross under-slung front outriggers with 18’ spread and “H”-Style rear outriggers with only 11’7” spread
- Functional turntable designed for firefighter staging
- Outrigger auto-leveling system with optional wired or wireless controller
- Extruded aluminum quint body with 300 gallon tank, hosebed and over 200 cubic feet of storage space for equipment
- Enclosed ladder tunnel holding 163’ of ladders including a 35’ 2-section and a 20’ roof
The HPS 100 Mid-Mount tower also has its E-ONE aerial “DNA” with a 2.5 to1 structural safety factor and integral torque box chassis. This continues E-ONE’s strong reputation of reliability in the industry thanks to a track record of more than 35 years building on the solid design elements of our aerial system.
To learn more about E-ONE visit www.e-one.com.