HOLDEN, LA—Ferrara, a subsidiary of REV Group and a manufacturer of fire apparatus, will debut the Skippack (PA) Fire Company’s 107-foot MVP Rescue Ladder at FDIC International in Indianapolis, IN, April 11th-13th, 2019.
The new 107-foot Rescue Ladder is the first aerial over 100’ on Ferrara’s custom MVP cab and body. Ferrara’s MVP concept is known for the low mounted speedlays and customized equipment mounting with over 250 cu.ft. of storage capacity. “Incorporating the MVP concept with Ferrara’s 4-section 107 ladder provides departments with all of the tools they need to handle the diverse tasks fire departments face today,” says Bert McCutcheon, VP/ General Manager for Ferrara Fire Apparatus.
Features of the 107-foot MVP Aerial (HD-107R MVP) include:
- Ferrra’s Inferno™ custom chassis and MVP™ style XMFD cab
- Cummins® X15 565/Allison® 4000 EVS transmission
- CAP+ airbag protection
- Low speedlays at frame rail height
- 500-gallon polypropylene water tank
- Hale® Qmax-XS 2000 GPM pump
- 107-foot vertical /100-foot horizontal reach
- Industry leading 2.5 to 1 structural safety factor
- 750 pound dry tip load and 500 pound tip flowing 1500 GPM
- Storefront blitz monitor
- Narrow 14-foot jack leg spread
- Over 250 cubic feet of body storage
- Hose storage capacity: 300’ x 3” left rear, 300’ x 3” ladder tunnel, 1000’ x 5” EZ-Stack
“We needed a ladder to replace our engine and be similar to the pumper we already have to minimize new training. The other big thing we needed was a ladder with a side hose bed so that we could lay large diameter hose without lifting the ladder,” said Chief Haydn Marriot of Skippack Fire Co. “The longer ladder allows us to reach setback buildings in our community and the 14 foot jack spread makes it easier to set up in those situations.”
For more info on this rig or for photos please visit https://www.ferrarafire.com/trucks/6241/.